2734 curtis street // nostalgic bliss
Timeless character melds with modern updates and designer touches in this Curtis Park home. Refreshed landscaping envelops a stately brick exterior with a welcoming front porch. Enter into an open floorplan beaming with abundant natural light throughout. A living area showcasing a wall of built-ins is grounded by a fireplace featuring an original mantel and surround, a new flush-mount leather granite hearth and a gas insert with a remote-control start. The home chef is treated to a designer kitchen boasting a Sub-Zero cabinet-paneled fridge, a cabinet-paneled dishwasher, French Herbeau sink, Ann Sacks tile and custom open shelving. The main level is complete with a private home study. Timeless details including original pocket doors complemented by custom upgrades including all new subfloors and framing, seven-foot interior doors and poplar knife-cut trim and woodwork to match the home’s original style. As the first home in Curtis Park to receive Denver Landmark Preservation approval for aluminum-clad windows instead of all wood, enjoy the benefits of high energy efficiency and zero-maintenance. This project received the Mayor’s Designer Award for Reclaimed Splendor, highlighting a historic renovation with a sensitive touch.
- brick exterior hand cleaned, tuckpointed + premium matte sealed
- completely updated with all new subfloors, framing, electrical, plumbing + HVAC
- custom knife-cut trim + woodwork
- rebuilt main staircase with original handrail + newel post
- staircase addition to third floor attic using all salvaged parts from neighboring home
- custom 7-foot interior doors + original pocket doors
- designer kitchen with a Sub-Zero cabinet-paneled fridge
- primary suite bath with a rare, oversized antique clawfoot tub
- re-engineered attic with half bath + plumbing roughed in for wet bar
- private double lot surrounded by a salvaged wrought iron fence circa 1880
- Curtis Park, “Denver’s First Neighborhood,” offers unbeatable proximity to downtown
- poised on premier block close to attractions
Rebuilt using the original handrail, Newell post and original treads, the main staircase ascends to the upper level. Retreat to a pristine primary suite complemented by a bathroom boasting heated floors and Ann Sacks limestone tile. A rare, extra-long antique clawfoot tub with professionally refinished enamel was sourced from a property in Aspen. Revel in relaxation in a walk-in shower plumbed for a steam unit addition with a complete glass surround and a transom window. Three additional bedrooms feature new carpeting. A re-engineered, framed-in attic offers potential for flex space with electrical and plumbing roughed in. Additional attic upgrades include a 12k paneled ceiling, high-efficiency closed-cell spray insulation and a new staircase sourced from salvaged parts from a neighboring home. Sourced from a warehouse being demolished by Coors Field, a metal sliding door leads to the basement with additional storage.
- rebuilt main staircase
- Ann Sacks limestone tile
- rare antique clawfoot tub
- walk-in shower with a complete glass surround
- re-engineered, framed-in attic
A private yard flaunts a spacious patio, hot tub and a hot and cold exterior spigot for dog washing at the back door. Raised garden beds provide plenty of space for plants while Bevelo gas lights from New Orleans add timeless flair. Salvaged from another property, a wrought iron fence has been installed in combination with a brick wall to be consistent with the original. The entire brick exterior has been cleaned by hand, tuckpointed and sealed with a premium matte sealer to help maintain the longevity of the brick, protecting it from water, humidity and preventing shedding. Garage architectural plans have been rendered and are included for convenience.
- spacious patio
- hot tub
- hot + cold exterior spigot
- salvaged wrought iron fence
- tuckpointed + sealed brick exterior
Right at the intersection of Five Points and RiNo, Curtis Park has always enjoyed a vibrant locale. Today, it’s a hip and urban corner of the city, close to local shops and restaurants with easy access to the light rail for any commuters. Residents enjoy close proximity to the scenic Mestizo-Curtis Park — the perfect setting for spending sun-filled afternoons outdoors.
- poised between Five Points + RiNo
- close to local shops + restaurants
- easy access to the light rail
- proximity to Mestizo-Curtis Park
presented by //
milehimodern (mhm) is Colorado’s premier real estate brokerage focused on the artistry of living. We believe in connection first; that every home has a soul-filled story to tell. Our purpose is to bring this story to light by discovering the artistic sizzle, the iconic value, the extraordinary architecture or simply the narrative of a beautiful life lived in each property. We are bringing an artful experience to real estate, energizing one soul at a time. To learn more about our real estate services, please visit mhmhomes.com. For press inquiries, reach out to email@example.com.
to stay in the know
Your dose of the coolest properties, seductive architecture, influential design, art that matters and community happenings.